- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef (grass-fed preferred)
- 8 oz mushrooms, pulsed until finely ground in food processor
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ of batch of ketchup (recipe from Eating for Idiots)
- ½ onion, very finely diced in a food processor
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil to grease loaf pan
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease the loaf pan. Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, using more or less coconut flour depending on consistency of the mixture. It should be sticky and easy to form into a loaf pan. Alternatively, form into a loaf in a glass dish. After forming in the pan, take the remaining ketchup and spread over the top. Cook for 1 hour.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp ghee (or grass-fed butter if preferred)
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
Start by washing and draining the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets and steam them until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a blender or food processor. Add all ingredients and blend well until smooth and creamy.
Just joining and want to take a look back at my 4 Week Paleo Challenge? Look below for the links to all my Paleo posts:
Interesting…might have to try this!
Jennifer Ortega says
I think even following the Paleo diet somewhat would make anyone feel healthier. Thanks for stopping by, and congrats on your recognition for best blog in DE!